In This Video series we provide all Knowledge about emmc and about its programming use an UFI box, you can get deepest knowledge while see practical things shown on our video, we provide in INdonesia and english language for representing this Mentoring video Series of emmc.
Embadded MULTI MEDIA CARD or embadded NAND is a NAND BASED FLASH MEMORY CHIP + CONTROLER, the controler contains MCU and internal LDO, that make the communication between NAND and the HOST more fast, use 8 PIN of DATA, 1 PIN of CMD and 1 PIN of CLK.
this eMMC need two supplies, one is VCC ( VDDF ) and the another supplies is VCCQ ( VDD ) as positive supplies chain, and VSS will conected to the system GND just like ussual, we arent need to supply anything to the PIN named VDDI ( this PIN are used to access bank capasitor for the internal LDO only )
there are another PIN named RST, this pin use for executing the hardware reset function and fully controlled by the host.
many packages for eMMC products tha avaliable on the mobile phone market, at lease we found 7 packages that used in many many of mobile phones :
1. FBGA 153 ( used as eMMC and eMCP products )
2. FBGA 169 ( used as eMMC and eMCP products )
3. FBGA 162 ( used as eMCP products )
4. FBGA 186 ( used as eMCP products )
5. FBGA 221 ( used as eMCP products )
6. FBGA 529 ( used as eMCP products )
7. FBGA 254 ( used as eMCP products )
eMCP is MULTI CHIP PACKAGE based eMMC, means in one IC have two hardware that not related each other ( so its called MULTI CHIP ) one is eMMC hardware and the other is RAM hardware
if you found eMMC 153 / 169 package, you must see the label name to know what ic is it ( eMMC only or eMCP ) for examples if you found 153 / 169 chip from samsung you can see the label if it "KL" ( this is eMMC only ) and if it "KM" ( this is eMCP ) For SKhynix it is H2 and H9 and for Sandisk it is DU and DP, its ok... i will tell you about it in the another sesion, now we are back to the topic.. So.. eMMC / eMCP in package FBGA 153 and 169 is possible, you just need to know how to read the label name on the package, the good news is both of eMMC dan eMCP is still have a eMCP hardware inside it, and offcourse have a eMMC PIN that wa alread discuss before, the pin map for FBGA 153 and 169 is totally same for the MAIN PIN, the different between them : 169 have 16 GND PIN more in the right and left side.
eMMC that use package FBGA 153 / 169, have so many PIN that DO NOT USED ( DNU ) or NOT CONNECTED ( NC ) because only eMMC pin that used in this IC, you know about this eMMC PIN, DAT 0, DAT1, DAT2, DAT3, DAT4, DAT5, DAT6, DAT7, CMD, CLK, VCC, VCCQ, GND, RST, VDDI. and the other is NC / DNU.
eMCP that use package FBGA 153 / 169, have less PIN that DNU or NC, becouse besides eMMC PIN there is RAM PIN, you can see to the picture the RAM PIN, they have another VCC and VCCQ for RAM, they HAVE 32 PIN for DATA ( IO ) and many other, this is why in the eMCP we will found less PIN that NC / DNU. Please becarefull when you faced phone that should be have 16 GB ROM and when you open it you found that phone use 153 / 169 package, make sure this phone need eMMC or need eMCP chip instead.
klmag4fe4b km2w000lm kursus hp 4.jpg
IF IT NEED eMCP !! :
1. you can not let any of eMMC PIN and RAM PIN broken, please make sure all eMMC PIN and RAM PIN still ok in the phone PCB and please USE eMCP IC's only for replacing
2. you cant USE eMMC models for this phone, i mean you cant USE KLMAG2GE2A-A001, KLMAG2WEMB-B031, KLMAG2GE4A-A001, KLMAG4FE4B-B002, KLMAG4FEAB-B002, KLMAG4FEAB-A002 .... yes i know thoose eMMC is 16 GB ROM but they doesnt have RAM inside it, so in this case you need to use eMCP such as KMVTU000LM-B503, KMVYL000LM-B503, KMV2W000LM-B506, KMV3U000LM-B304, KMV3W000LM-B310 thoose ic have 16 GB of ROM and 1 GB LPDDR1 of RAM. ( for 153 / 169 package if it is eMCP the RAM inside it is always LPDDR1 technology )
If you found some phone only need eMMC in that spot ( some phone use another IC as RAM ) so you have no problem, you can use eMMC ic or eMCP, both of this IC have eMMC inside it, you only need to pay attantion to the ROM density that needed by the phones, and offcourse ic dimension. just for note : sometime you need to noted that EXT_CSD rev 1.6 eMMC can not be use in to phone that instaled android 5.0 and above or depend on thier CPU support it or not.